Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update..... I've been keeping busy with my latest indulgence of hand dyeing fiber, it's unfortunately taken time away from the knitting..... I went through a bit of startitis awhile back, but I've managed to keep it in check. I thought I'd post some pic's showing some of the little progress I've been making.



Sugarplum Shrug, Interweave Knits Christmas Gifts 2007.
This is the body of the shrug. I have yet to complete the edging fo
r the cuffs and around the body.









Flared Smoke Ring
Loving this pattern. Jackie E-S is the designer from the website Heart Strings Fiber Arts. She has some lovely lace patterns.









My version of a Chevron Scarf using Lorna's Laces. I found the stitch pattern in Interweave Knits book, Scarf Style. I alternated between the colours Vera and Bittersweet.



I have to post some pics of the stash I got for Christmas this year. I put such effort into reminding my dear family that I would Love any yarn from Knitpicks. It's easy shopping online, and they're products are top notch.

Sock yarn from Knit Picks.
-Gloss, 70%Merino Wool 30%Silk, Colourway: Pumpkin.
-Essential, 75%Superwash Wool, 25%Nylon, Colourways: Terrain Twist, Tucson Multi, and Inca Gold Tweed.
-Felici, 75%Superwash Merino, 25%Nylon, Colourway: Clay.
-Risata, 42%Cotton, 39%Superwash Wool, 13%Polyamide, 6%Elite, Colourway: Burgundy.







Knitpicks Nickel-Plated 6" dpn's 2.25mm, and 2.00mm













Knitpicks Harmony Wood 6" dpn's 2.25mm, and 2.00mm


I can't stop gushing over the Harmony Wood Fixed Circular Knitting Needles. Love'em! So I'm looking forward to seeing how the dpn's feel with their sock yarn.

Coming up next....more pictures on the carding and spinning I've been having fun with...and as always the temptation to nap is overwhelming when you see such peaceful bliss.

No comments: