Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some treasures passed down with much appreciation.......



A pretty tin which holds some curiosities.










Still curious that Noodles.








Vintage buttons, thimbles, cloth tapes.







Some old spools of thread. I'll never use any of this as I find it too sentimental.







Old flour/seed sacks.





My goal is to make some aprons out of this material. It's original use was a duvet cover that our Great Grandmother had made. It's now thin in some spots, but overall the material is still very useable.




I have always been on the lookout for retro fabric, and this fits the bill very well. I recently found a contest at Tie One On. I don't know if I'll have time to enter, but it's such a cool idea for anyone interested in entering an apron sewing contest.

No comments: