Tuesday, April 01, 2008


Just a brief post showing .....The Farm and Ranch show that was in town last week. We went on Saturday and of course the highlight for me were the Alpacas.....I want one. Sound kind of whinney heh? How cute are they? They have this endearing habit of leaning against anything, and at the show when they'd stand near their owners they'd lean against them, so sweet.












It was interesting watching the judging. How well the alpacas were behaving all standing in order. This was the two year old males being judged.

The judge would take a sample of the alpaca's fibre, closest to the skin, and then lay it on his helpers black shirt sleeve. He would go to each animal and do the same thing finally at the end he would take a second closer look at all samples, and based on that as well as the structure of the animal he would announce who the winner is.










The happy winner! It even looks like the alpaca is smiling!














On to my latest project........

Ruth Sorenson

Pattern: Autumn Cardigan

I'm using what they call for in the pattern and that is:

Kauni 100% wool from Denmark
150g = 660 yds
Colour: EK


I bought the yarn online at Yarn and Fiber Company. They offer free delivery to anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. So far from the orders that I've received from them I've never been charged extra from Canada Post. They have a habit of charging extra fees which I haven't figured out how or why they do that.

Anyway I haven't got the second colour used in the cardigan which is the model on the left. It's Kauni EQ and it's still on back order. That's okay though I'll use that time to read through the pattern to get a heads up on some of the techniques that Ruth uses in her patterns.

The other thing that came in the mail last week was Knitpicks, Wool of the Andes 100% Peruvian Highland Wool, Colour: Arctic Pool Heather.

I've mentioned in earlier posts that I'm wanting to knit up a vest which was inspired by Kirsten from Through the Loops.


I've started the twisted rib, and I'm looking forward to getting into the rows of the cabled pattern. It's a gorgeous pattern, and so far it's easy to follow.

Along with my Knit Picks purchase I ordered the interchangeable knitting needles sizes 4mm and 5mm. Along with two sizes of interchangeable cables. I'm using them on this vest, and always with Knit Picks needles they're working fantastic. There is no hang up on the join when moving the yarn along the cable, and both the nickel-plated brass or the Harmony wood tips
are smooth to knit with.

Happy Tuesday Knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlene,
I was reading some of your older posts and you really have some nice photography. I especially liked the post on getting your new Traveller spinning wheel. I have a Traveller also. Don't you just love it. It's my favorite wheel.

Jody said...

Charlene here is my email. cinnabar_38@yahoo.com
If you send me a message then I can get back to you about my spinning. I thought it might be easier this way.
Thanks, Jody