Monday, July 07, 2008

Catch up........

That's what this whole post is going to be about so a forwarning it's picture heavy......

I finished the sundress that I mentioned on an earlier post. I know, I know I've been showing clothes on hangers, but honestly I can't bring myself to take a picture of it on me. Plus I haven't worn it yet because I discovered that the straps on the slip for underneath need to be fixed now. That shows how long it's been since wearing a dress.

It's a Easy-To-Sew Simplicity pattern 3773, and the material is a poly/cotton.On the knitting front I've been spinning and then knitting up the alpaca to continue on with the Ajoure Sweater. This is how far two skeins have produced for the back. I'm loving the whole process from sheep to sweater. The sweater is at a halt right now as I've got to fill one more bobbin to get more 2ply for knitting.



Next came the long weekend in July which is our annual family reunion at our family farm. We've never had a weekend with such good weather. It's been a habit every night to put things under the canopy to protect from rain, but for five days there wasn't a drop. I love the weekends out at the farm as it means more time for visiting and knitting. We love having guests come out with us, and this year was my DS girlfriend Erin. I think she had a pretty good time. We look forward to having her come out again soon.Other Canada Day activities were......

Deep-fried Turkey
Pinata's for the kids, and adults made by my DD.


And of course fireworks at the end of the day.





Cooling down at the river




And of course a girl's got to have her sun bonnet! ------------>



And some fantastic sunsets....

No comments: