Monday, June 04, 2007


I picked up my new toy. As seen on Maia's blog Maia Spins. I'm looking forward to starting some winding. Of course while I was picking up the winder at my local fibre retailer here in Edmonton, Wool Revival. I was immediately drawn to a basket on the floor. Bonnie is always getting new stock in, but I have never seen these colours in Briggs & Little Sport Yarn (Orange Col:32 and Red Heather Col:76).

The picture probably doesn't do it justice, but there is some orange in the red heather. I immediately thought of making some mittens from one of the patterns in...Selbuvotter: Biography of a Knitting Tradition, by Terri Shea. (Another recommended item from Maia Spins). It's a book loaded with patterns as well as the history of Selbu Mittens and gloves. I think these two colours will look great in a pair of Norwegian mittens on a cold and grey Canadian winter. Gosh...I can't believe I'm already thinking of mittens for winter! Spring isn't over yet! I've been doing so much gardening, but my mind is still on my present and upcoming knitting projects.


Speaking of baskets on the floor...Bonnie also has been bringing in more products from Lantern Moon.

The basket pictured here is their Rice Basket, Cranberry, small. It can be folded in half inside itself so that the handles aren't in the way. It was the right size for holding my knitting in the car as we headed to Stettler AB this past Saturday for my Sister-in-law Norah's birthday party. A great time was had by all....




No comments: