Thursday, July 05, 2007

I've been reviewing spinning wheels, and have come up with a final few choices. The Majacraft Little Gem and Ashford's Joy and Ashford's Traveller.

My main preferences have been narrowed down to: portability, double drive, double treadle, and of course cost. I've started off loving the 'Little Gem', and then my favourite was 'The Joy', but now I'm thinking 'The Traveller' is first choice with the extra kits I can buy for it to spin just about everything. My list doesn't sound like much for requirements, but I haven't tried spinning yet and I'm going on reviews by other knitter/spinners. Our local guild isn't starting courses until October/07, and I'm an impatient person....I want to start now! I've taken out books, and it seems like it's basically a personal choice for a lot of individual spinners.

So that's what I've come up with so far. What do you think? Any opinions? I'm looking to buy a wheel sometime the end of August. haha I say that now........

No comments: