Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Completed......
I managed to finally finish something.....


Knitted for DD. They fit perfectly and it was a very easy pattern. It comes from Interweave Favorite Socks. Pattern: Cable Rib Socks by Erica Alexander. Sock yarn: Tofutsies Dyelot: 91506-82









The pictures turned out pretty accurate colour wise, but I've got one thing that bugs me.....

They don't match. You can see the mismatch on the top of each foot. My daughter said one is a nice spiral, and the other looks like it's in the shape of a country.

Is there someway when using this self striping yarn that you can control how the stripes are going to appear?

It's just a nagging little thing I guess, but I've used self striping yarn before and took the time to pull out enough yarn to make the second sock match. I didn't do that this time.

Yesterday was a day at the dentist. I didn't get any stained glass work done, and not much knitting. Since the socks are now done I went digging in my stash, and I've come up with enough yarn for a vest for myself. The pattern comes from Interweaves book, Folk Vests.


There's 25 patterns in the book all by Cheryl Oberle.
This is a great book of vests, and there's several that I'm hoping to do, but for now I'm going to start knitting up The Bookworm Vest. There's a interesting story that Cheryl tells along with this pattern......

'Contemporary American folklore is often found in the movies. The movie Funny Face is a modern version of the Cinderella story. A charming little bookworm works as a clerk in a secondhand bookstore in Greenwich Village. Her life changes completely when she is accidentally 'discovered' and transformed (lovely creature that she is) by the world of high fashion. Swept away to her dream city, Paris, she finds both enlightenment and love. The Bookworm vest was inspired by the little clerk's simple and practical working wear.'


I'm using: Sisik by Dalegarn
www.dale.no
Colour: 160
30 % Wool, 30% Mohair, 34% Acrylic, 6% Viscose
Gauge: 20 sts x 29 rows = 4" x 4"

The work you see in the picture is going to have to be ripped back already. When I did my swatch I didn't realize how much stretchiness there would be, and I'm going to have to go down in size. Through my experience, before starting any pattern, check for mistakes on the listed errata page at Interweave. There is several mistakes listed for the Bookworm Vest.

Mistakes or not I'm loving this pattern, and I'm now looking forward to watching the movie Funny Face.





Noodles is too busy to make
faces today. She's in the middle
of her daily suntanning session
by the front window.

Ta Ra for now!

No comments: