Friday, February 22, 2008

It's been a busy week..........

It all started off with a peaceful morning watching the sparrows partake in some breakfast. The weather has been getting warmer and they're venturing out.














I spent the better part of Valentine's day making this cake.











That's about the extent of Valentine's for us.....it all comes down to food. I'm generally not a wasteful person, and I recycle pretty much anything that I can, but we're trying to keep track of what we're putting in our mouths. So when a couple days passed I took a look at the left overs and trashed them. It was a tasty treat at the time, but it was like looking at diabetes on a plate.

It was a photogenic diary week of my Noodle Bell.......


Her favourite watering hole....


I'm trying to encourage Noodles to keep up with her intake of water. I've got water bowls all over the house, but she's figured out that the freshest water is by the kitchen sink.......






Busy cat....Another day my DD was doing some renovations in her bedroom, and Noodles decided this was the best place to be...



on top of the new wall unit




Yes, DD is 25, single, looking, and knows how to work a drill.









.

Again another great idea. It all started with some ribbon from a gift..
It met with some resistance by the subject.....












An uncooperative model....















Final outcome........
Introducing our Indian Princess,
Noodles Neeraja
(our little lotus flower)





Oh enough of this sillyness.....



Speaking of knitting, I haven't been doing much of it lately. Only in the evenings, so not enough to post about.

I've had a stained glass project in the works that got shelved about two years ago. I had good intentions to get this panel finished for DH's Father's Day present, and it just didn't work out. So lately time, and inspiration lit a fire under my behind and I got busy.

This is another craft in which I find such peace when I'm working with it. So much so that I don't even hear the phone ringing when I get in the zone. It commands all your attention, and it demands that your mind be totally focused on the cutting of each piece of glass. If you aren't focused the glass shows no mercy, i.e. I've got bandages to show for it. Details such as the positioning, and coordination of all the different colours of glass can consume hours. Aahh Heaven........
Actually when I get to thinking, it's quite similar to the knitting process.

Progress so far......



First stage, designing the pattern.
I've named this pattern Dancing Kohaku.








Choosing glass for the water section on the light table.









Part way done.....as far as the cutting goes. Still the grinding to be done, foiling, burnishing, then soldering, then patina, then cleaning, polishing.




I love the whole process, but most of the time I'm standing so it can get a bit tiring. Which brings me to mention my DS, and how I'm envious at how he can drop off to sleep anywhere, and at any time.......
There's been times I have walked in and both Anna (cat #2) and DS are sleeping in this chair with Anna on his chest. One day I'll get a picture of that.

That's it for now.......Happy Happy Weekend Everybody!!!

No comments: