Friday, February 08, 2008

We've been getting so much snow for the past couple of
weeks.....












The wind has been absolutely horrid. The snowdrifts are packed down and heavy so shovelling is taking longer than usual.





I feel sorry for the letter carriers who have to deal with days like these when people aren't out early enough to get the walks cleared.










It's been so bitter cold that when we replaced the old drafty wood casement windows with nice new triple glaze sliders...we ended up with this...............




I want to preface this by saying we didn't put in this bathroom, the previous owners did, and it's shoddy work. They installed plumbing against the concrete foundation and the pipes froze up. The nice new windows are keeping out the cold air, but it's directing the air down to the foundation, which the previous owners didn't insulate, and where the frozen pipes are.

So the bathroom is unfortunately going to have to stay like this until warmer weather in the spring will allow us to gut the whole thing and do it right.....





Something that's making me feel better.....













I've been blowing holes in my wool felted slippers rather quickly, and I needed to make another pair. So I changed my yarn to: Online Linie 149 Rush. 53% wool - 47% polyacryl. Hopefully, with the acrylic in them they won't wear out so easily like my other ones, and they'll last awhile longer. Loved using this yarn, but I found my hands started cramping up because I brought the needle size down to 4.00mm to have a nice tight gauge. So far they're keeping the toes warm. I'll have to make a couple more now for any visitors.....

Anna says, "Have a good weekend and stay warm!" She's found the place she loves the most. Sleeping on my son, who can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.....Sweet dreams Nick :)

No comments: