Thursday, November 01, 2007

Another shipment......
This time something for the spinning habit

I was browsing through Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2007 and there was an ad for Nancy's Knit Knacks. They had something I was thinking I needed to measure my spinning...low and behold it's called a WPI tool.

The DP needle tube will work great for smaller (1.0mm-4.0mm) dpn's, but nothing bigger (thicker) than that. I have some 5.0mm dpn's and they wouldn't fit.




I recently took my first beginner spinning class at my local yarn store....
River City Yarns I remembered my camera, which is surprising with all the other stuff I carted along, but do you think I remembered to take pictures...Nope. It's amazing when you get in a room with women you don't know, and yet you have so much to talk about. Fibre will do that to you. Three hours went by too fast.



Pictures of some spinning goodness.....I don't know what I'm going to do with this Alpaca... yet.... it's a bit intimidating as I want to start spinning it, but I need to get a bit better at my gauge.















The gauge that is needing refining, but it's coming along....this is Alpaca. I was thinking of just leaving it as a single because it was pretty fat, but I thought I don't have much of it, and I need to practice plying.....so this is the finished 2 ply, 50grams
















So I've since signed up with the same lys to try spinning some exotic fibres. I will bring my camera along again, and hopefully I'll remember to use it.


Look me (knittingnoodles) up on Ravelry... ...it's been taking up more of my time than I would like.....documenting, cataloguing.....a lot of the photo's are linked to my flickr page, but it all takes time uploading/downloading all of this stuff. It's all good though with the way the weather's going....cold, and snowy, and windy here in Alberta.



No comments: