Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hibernation........
I'm coming out of my blog hibernation....I've been busy doing stuff, but now when I'm trying to recall what's been going on since Nov.7 I'm at a loss to remember......either way here's this.....Finished Father and Son Socks which were mentioned earlier......I knit these up with DH's knowledge, but I'm not giving them to him until Christmas. I gotta save something knitted for a gift Christmas morning even though it's a struggle having to wait to see him wearing them.

Next comes the Alpaca Cloud bought from Knitpicks.com. I mentioned in an earlier post that I planned to knit a shrug out of this, but I've since changed my mind. I didn't like the gauge I was getting when knitting up a swatch so it got shelved. I continued on perusing the new Interweave Knits Winter 2007 and I came across a neck/ring in their Top 10 picks for winter.
The pattern is Flared Lace Smoke Ring from Heart Strings Fiber Arts. So far I'm loving the pattern, it's been easy to memorize each row, and the gauge is right on. The lace pattern isn't coming through on this picture right now as it's bunched up on the circular needle. Which I also wanted to mention, I'm loving the Harmony wood fixed circular needles I ordered from Knit Picks. They are so smooth, and I can't believe how they have such a fine point on them which is great for lace knitting. I plan on ordering more different sizes in the new year.

Next comes the pair of socks I'm knitting for myself.....


Cable Rib Socks by Erica Alexander from the book Interweave Favorite Socks.

I'm using my first ball of Tofutsies which is a very soft yarn. Comparing it to another sock yarn I've used, Lana Grossa Mega Boot Stretch, the Tofutsies has no stretch when knitting.

Tofutsies content: 50% Superwash wool,
25% Soysilk, 22.5% Cotton,
2.5% Chitin (fiber from shrimp and crab shell

I would compare the feel of Tofutsies to more of a cotton yarn. I'm looking forward to wearing these socks, and testing their durability.

With the way the weather is going I'll be doubling up on wearing socks....I think the snow is here to stay....

No comments: