Thursday, November 01, 2007

More deliveries....
I just can't stop touching this yarn, it's like a soft cloud. Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud, 100% Baby Alpaca, Colourway: Iris #C872, 50grams/440 yards, Gauge: Lace Weight


With the Canadian dollar doing so well the world is my knitting/fibre supply oyster. I've said before that the choices of fibre in the U.S. far out number what's available in Canada, and it's great being able to order online fibre that I've never known about. I have to mention Ravelry does have something to do with it as well.

My order from Knit Picks came in about 14 days. It sounds like it took a long time, but it's understandable as on the news this morning they said Canada Post can't keep up with the cross border shopping. Hell yeah!





This yarn from KnitPicks is designated for a shrug out of the Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2007.

Since starting on the Sugarplum Shrug I've decided that I would like some mohair in this to give it some extra bulk. Two strands of the alpaca lace is not enough. So I'm looking at ordering some Rowan kidsilk haze, Majestic colourway..........




I've been checking out Rowan yarn on The Loopy Ewe website, and Sheri has a lot to choose from. Sheri's blog is also full of great information on new and upcoming yarn.


No comments: